Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Boris Said Calls Greg Biffle "a Chump" after Garage Scuffle

Marcos Ambrose won a wild race at Watkins Glen that saw Denny Hamlin hit the turn one wall full throttle and David Reutimann wreck hard and get airborne. Ambrose winning his first cup race was definitely big news, but what happened afterwards is what everyone is talking about.

ESPN's cameras caught Boris Said (who had triggered the horrific crash between David Reutimann and David Ragan on the final lap) approaching Greg Biffle in the garage. Biffle's crew later came in to defend their driver and Said walked away. Both drivers left the track before Nascar could talk to them.

"He's the most unprofessional little scardy cat I've ever seen in my life. He wouldn't even fight me like a man" Said said of Biffle. "If someone texts me his address, I'll go see him Wednesday at his house and show him what he really needs. He needs a friggin' whooping, and I'm going to give it to him. He was flipping me off, giving me the finger, totally unprofessional. Two laps down, I mean, he's a chump."

The Phoenix Racing driver went on to say that he went over to talk to Biffle who "wouldn't even let me get out of the car. Throws a few little baby punches and then he runs away and hides behind some big guys."

"But he won't hide from me for long. I'll find him." That was the promise Said ended with, saying "I won't settle it out on the track - it's not right to wreck cars - but he'll show up with a black eye one of these days. I'll see him somewhere."

Meanwhile, Biffle took to his Twitter account to defend himself after the dust had cleared. The Roush Fenway driver tweeted "1st of all I want to make sure everyone sees the wreck between David and David, now that's coming from a guy that says I am unprofessional. Let me tell u something Boris, "the road course ringer" caused that wreck. He did the same thing to me earlier in the race off the carousel."

"Then Mr. Class pulls in behind my truck after the race today?! shouldn't you go check on David & David? How unprofessional & disrespectful!" If you'd like to see Said's comments and more from Biffle on ESPN's "Nascar Now" you can watch it here.

Biffle was completely right. Boris Said runs two races a year in cup (the two road races) and can't even run inside the top ten and he has the audacity to call a driver like Biffle, who is a chase contender with sixteen cup wins (and 52 between Nascar's top three series) a chump? The fact that he showed little to no remorse for the wreck he caused that could have hurt two other drivers just added insult to injury. If Boris really has more class than Biffle, than Ragan and Reutimann should have been his prime concern. Boris Said is a talented road racer, there is no doubt about that. But after this whole incident, he showed what little respect he has for the Sprint Cup Series its drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment